Ugh, it’s definitely a Friday. AmIright?! Here’s your delivery of this week’s lusty links. Enjoy your weekend!
New York related:
Happy Friday! How can it simultaneously feel like this has been the world’s longest week, yet I’ve somehow accomplished so little? All signs, yet again, point to me overcommitting myself. But that’s no one’s problem but my own. Switching topics; here are some of my favorite things around the inter nets this week:
TGIW. From my local bodega guy verifying I was over the age of 18 to buy alcohol (what?) to being a reluctant third wheel on a first date 15 feet away from my bed, I’m seriously ready for a “weekend.” Even if my weekend does fall on Thursday/Friday. Regardless, here are some fun articles (mostly about the GGs… sorry I’m not) that have kept me entertained this week!
The end. Enjoy the rest of your work-week, humans!
Happy Thursday evening! How was your week? It’ s been a busy/sick few days in a row for me. I’m finally starting to feel like a human again…just in time for my “holiday break,” thank goodness. Without further ado, here’s some of my favorite finds from the world wide web this week.
Good evening! How was your Thursday? I spent most of my day exploring this city with my new child (read: camera that’s more expensive than my rent). As I’m winding down and web-surfing after a day of a lot of walking, I present to you some of this weeks favorite internet finds:
My motto until “Christmas break” as I’m calling it is “if Lena Dunham can get through dating a man who wears fedoras, I can make it to 2014.” That’s where my life feels like it’s at right now, so go ahead, judge.
Here are some of my favorite things circling the web this week:
I’m still in the process of getting used to my new work schedule, so I spent the greater part of yesterday thinking it was Wednesday. You can imaging my confusion when I didn’t see my mom post her weekly “hump day” status on Facebook. Something to look forward to later this morning, I guess. Regardless, here are some links I’ve been enjoying this week.
- 18 foods that are allegedly the best NYC has to offer. If I don’t get Artichoke pizza by the week’s end, I may spontaneously combust.
- Only the fiercest selfie/photo-bomb combo of all time.
- In the holiday spirit, in case you have nothing to do today and/or tomorrow, here are Lauren Conrad’s favorite Halloween flicks.
- In the [lesser-known, but still equally important] OTHER holiday spirit, yesterday was National Cat Day. They deserve it.
- And last but not least, here’s a fantastic article [aimed at women] about things you should never say in the workplace in order to be more assertive and viewed as an equal. It’s a little controversial, but it definitely was an eye-opener for me.
Welcome to my very first “Lists, loves and links”! For my foremost post in this series, I’m going to create a list of links I’ve been loving this week. (You see what I did there?)
- If you’re anything like me and live in a pop-culture retardant hole (Nope? No one? K.), but the at the very last-minute you care more than anything about a TV show that’s been for five seasons and has two episodes left to air, I guess you should read this. [Aka the writer’s break down Sunday’s CRAZY episode of Breaking Bad. SPOILERS INCLUDED, obviously]
- New Yorkers are nothing if they’re not short-tempered. Each and everything on this list, I curse at almost daily. AND I’ve only been living here two years and currently spend most of my time in Westchester. So yes, I’d say this is accurate.
- In honor of my girl Amy’s birthday this past Monday, here are 21 ways I (and maybe you!) are exactly like Leslie Knope! (P.S. ONE WEEK, Parks fans!)
- With autumn making its official debut this Sunday, nothing better to welcome the season than with some cute, new booties! I’m not crazy about them all, but the McQueen two-toned ankles on slide seven? I diiiie.
- In a bit more serious fashion, here’s an interesting article on the strikingly high likelihood of NYC runaways turning to prostitution to help get them off the streets. The organization I volunteer at is mentioned, and it just goes to further document the need these girls have for life skills workshops and mentoring that we do there.
- Lastly, I made a polyvore. Follow or friend or like me. If you want. Or whatever.