Happy Halloween! Or perhaps I should more accurately say, Happy Halloween-Themed Throwback Thursday?! Instead of posting a thrilling throwback post of myself dressing as Walter White, Sarah Palin, and a black cat a million times over, I instead give you an inspired Polyvore featuring the look of an iconic rock and roll artist: Joan Jett. For a few years, I’ve wanted to throw some punk-y all black ensemble together and roam the streets of October 31st singing “I Love Playing with Fire,” but it hasn’t happened yet. If you’re as last-minute as I am and are celebrating the holiday this evening, you’re more than welcomed to borrow my idea. Just don’t forget the choppy hair and confident attitude :)
I’m still in the process of getting used to my new work schedule, so I spent the greater part of yesterday thinking it was Wednesday. You can imaging my confusion when I didn’t see my mom post her weekly “hump day” status on Facebook. Something to look forward to later this morning, I guess. Regardless, here are some links I’ve been enjoying this week.
- 18 foods that are allegedly the best NYC has to offer. If I don’t get Artichoke pizza by the week’s end, I may spontaneously combust.
- Only the fiercest selfie/photo-bomb combo of all time.
- In the holiday spirit, in case you have nothing to do today and/or tomorrow, here are Lauren Conrad’s favorite Halloween flicks.
- In the [lesser-known, but still equally important] OTHER holiday spirit, yesterday was National Cat Day. They deserve it.
- And last but not least, here’s a fantastic article [aimed at women] about things you should never say in the workplace in order to be more assertive and viewed as an equal. It’s a little controversial, but it definitely was an eye-opener for me.