Happy Columbus Day! While many believe today’s holiday is for celebrating the anniversary of Christopher Columbus’ arrival in the Americas, I know the true meaning: to commemorate the great city that is Columbus, Ohio. ;)
Although I didn’t exactly grow up in C-bus, my small hometown was a little under an hour away, so when describing where I’m from, it’s usually my default answer. Once my friends and I were of age to drive, we jetted South as often as we could and spent many weekends and summers in various Columbus neighborhoods, to add some kind of urban flair to our lives. To show my respect for the great capital of the Buckeye State, I’m going to make a list of the things I miss most about my almost home-city, Columbus.
- Easton Town Center. Especially around the holidays. I loved it even when I worked there :)
- Gallery Hopping in the Short North
- Shakespeare in Schiller Park
- Bento Go Go. (Cheap and amazing sushi which allegedly and sadly is no more.) I really just miss it because my friends and I posed in pictures like this there:
5. Jeni’s. How do I get my hands on some Cinderella Pumpkin ice cream, stat?
6. OSU Football. Duh.
7. Comfest: the best hippie festival in the state.
8. The Columbus Zoo
9. North Market
10. And because I’m a huge cheese-ball, the last but certainly not least thing on my list is all of my family and friends who live there. I’m definitely feeling more homesick than normal for central Ohio today. :(