Happy Friday! How can it simultaneously feel like this has been the world’s longest week, yet I’ve somehow accomplished so little? All signs, yet again, point to me overcommitting myself. But that’s no one’s problem but my own. Switching topics; here are some of my favorite things around the inter nets this week:
TGIW. From my local bodega guy verifying I was over the age of 18 to buy alcohol (what?) to being a reluctant third wheel on a first date 15 feet away from my bed, I’m seriously ready for a “weekend.” Even if my weekend does fall on Thursday/Friday. Regardless, here are some fun articles (mostly about the GGs… sorry I’m not) that have kept me entertained this week!
The end. Enjoy the rest of your work-week, humans!
It’s Wednesday! Which is actually the Friday of my workweek and I’m very much looking forward to utilizing my “weekend” now that I’m finally starting to feel like a mostly formed human again *knocks on wood*. Anyways, today’s list of mid-week links I love all share one popular theme. Any guesses?
WHO ELSE IS PUMPED FOR SUNDAY AT 8PM ON NBC? I CANNOT SUPPRESS MY ELATION.
My motto until “Christmas break” as I’m calling it is “if Lena Dunham can get through dating a man who wears fedoras, I can make it to 2014.” That’s where my life feels like it’s at right now, so go ahead, judge.
Here are some of my favorite things circling the web this week:
Blerg, it’s late — here’s just a few links to wrap up your Wednesday:
Something better in store for tomorrow. Promise.
I’m still in the process of getting used to my new work schedule, so I spent the greater part of yesterday thinking it was Wednesday. You can imaging my confusion when I didn’t see my mom post her weekly “hump day” status on Facebook. Something to look forward to later this morning, I guess. Regardless, here are some links I’ve been enjoying this week.
- 18 foods that are allegedly the best NYC has to offer. If I don’t get Artichoke pizza by the week’s end, I may spontaneously combust.
- Only the fiercest selfie/photo-bomb combo of all time.
- In the holiday spirit, in case you have nothing to do today and/or tomorrow, here are Lauren Conrad’s favorite Halloween flicks.
- In the [lesser-known, but still equally important] OTHER holiday spirit, yesterday was National Cat Day. They deserve it.
- And last but not least, here’s a fantastic article [aimed at women] about things you should never say in the workplace in order to be more assertive and viewed as an equal. It’s a little controversial, but it definitely was an eye-opener for me.