Blog-tember Day 10 Prompt: List 10 things that you love about yourself! Let’s kick that negative self-talk outta here!
- I’m not a picky eater.
- I know how to dress for my body-type. Mostly. Yesterday, a co-worker did tell my outfit made me look like an Orthodox Jew, but in fairness, I’m not claiming how to dress for my religious affiliation.
- I make an effort to stay up with current events/world news.
- I make an effort to work out. Sometimes.
- I’m a really good friend.
- My childhood room is decked out in fuzzy zebra-print, and I will never admit it was a mistake. I will own that fuzzy zebra-print decision until the end of time.
- Cats… typically like me (?)
- I’m decently skilled at math.
- My independence. Aka the greatest hamartia of all.
- I consistently surround myself with pretty solid folks. The good people in my world keep me grounded and sane, and without those qualities, any and all of the above would cease to exist.
Oh hai there. Some things (such suspense in the vagueness) have yet again taken precedence away from updating this old thing the past few weeks, so for that I apologize. I can’t on-the-record promise this or next week will be any better… but I’m sure going to try.
A few weeks back, an ahh-mazing blogger known as Zee nominated me for a pretty cool thing called the Sunshine Award. Allegedly, this is a way for cool bloggers to introduce cool bloggers to other cool bloggers. A lot of cool bloggers involved in the process, specifically those who are creative, positive, and all around good guys and gals (or at least appear so in their internet personas). Sounds great, right?! Since I’m pretty much obsessed with Catching Zees and also this is the first time I’ve ever won (been nominated for? I prefer saying won) anything worthwhile in my young adult existence, I was pumped. But then I fell off the [blogging] wagon enough for enough time to gain 8 pounds. BUT LOOK AT ME NOW. HERE, BLOGGING AGAIN. Attempting to pick off right where I left. Let us allow this be seamless. Did someone say Seamless?! Uhh, so here’s the rules I was asked to follow:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you. (Thank you, Zee. You’re fantastic!)
- Post 10 interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate some fellow deserving bloggers for the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know about their nomination with a comment.
I’ll do my best to make this interesting. Here are some typed up things about me:
- I don’t know how to embed gifs on my blog. Or even really how to google gifs properly. I know gifs would make this more interesting, so I’m kind of already considering this a failure.
- I don’t use emoticons. Never have. I’d confidently continue with “never will” but there’s some awfully tempting cat-faced contenders out there. For the time being, I have a folder of saved images of Kristin Wiig’s facial expressions that I send out when I feel the need to deeply convey emotion outside of the normal : ) slash : ( slash o_O
- Once in 2011 I tweeted something to the effect of “I hope wine and popcorn count toward my daily recommended servings of fruit and vegetables.” So I guess you could say I was Olivia Poping it before Olivia Pope. *brushes dirt off shoulders*
- I have the handwriting of a second grader.
- Life goal is to be: half as hip as Lindsay Weir, a third of as funny as anyone who replies to the @Midnight tweets, a fourth of as energetic as Leslie Knope, and a fifth of as continuously turnt up as Miley Cyrus.
- True life: I didn’t know what the Oxford comma was until last week.
- You always know what I’m thinking and feeling because I wear my emotions on my
sleeve face. Sorrrrrry.
- I have a very real, very perpetual fear of mispronouncing words. And using words at incorrect times. I guess, just talking in general. I should probably look into data-entry as a career.
- For as obsessed with television as I am, I loathe reality TV. (Much to my mom’s dismay)
- “If you’re going to break the rules, break all the rules” is my favorite thing anyone’s ever said to me.
In the same vein, I do feel like breaking some Sunshine rules. I don’t want to pressure anyone to do this type of post if it isn’t your thing. Plus, some of you have been around for a while and potentially have been nominated before. SO, instead of commenting on each of your blogs with this nom., I’m going to not. But I think you all are very wonderful in such creative, inspiring and unique ways, and since I don’t have a “blogroll” of sorts, I’m excited that this award has given me the chance to shout out to the few sites I regularly pop over to check out during the week.
Ahh, hope I’m not forgetting anyone. Also, I hope this isn’t creepy to those of you who don’t know me at all since I just tagged your blog! If anyone has any other great recommendations of who to follow out there in the blogosphere, let me know in the comments! Always up for checking out new reads/making new web-based friends. AND: happy Monday!
Ugh, it’s definitely a Friday. AmIright?! Here’s your delivery of this week’s lusty links. Enjoy your weekend!
New York related:
As a mentor in the Career Services department of my college once classified me, I am a marketing girl at heart. Give me advertisement or give me death, I always say. And each year, the Super Bowl delivers right on schedule. Although I elected to spend my Sunday evening doing things that weren’t related to football or stuffing my face with wings (I TOTALLY SHOULD have been stuffing my face with wings), I’ve checked out all of the “Best of Bowl Ads” that the internet has to offer, and here are my favorite spots:
Because Ellen and dancing:
Pulled at my heartstrings:
The 90’s kid in me liked:
The 80’s kid in me liked:
Digging the non-existent controversy:
Because technology is the best:
Because hugging and Fred Armisen:
And because I can’t emotionally or physically deal with an odd-numbered list, here’s another thing I found which apparently was leaked (along with a few of these commercials) earlier in the week. Related: if you don’t follow Anna Kendrick on Twitter, you’re doing social media wrong.
Happy Friday! How can it simultaneously feel like this has been the world’s longest week, yet I’ve somehow accomplished so little? All signs, yet again, point to me overcommitting myself. But that’s no one’s problem but my own. Switching topics; here are some of my favorite things around the inter nets this week:
TGIW. From my local bodega guy verifying I was over the age of 18 to buy alcohol (what?) to being a reluctant third wheel on a first date 15 feet away from my bed, I’m seriously ready for a “weekend.” Even if my weekend does fall on Thursday/Friday. Regardless, here are some fun articles (mostly about the GGs… sorry I’m not) that have kept me entertained this week!
The end. Enjoy the rest of your work-week, humans!
It’s Wednesday! Which is actually the Friday of my workweek and I’m very much looking forward to utilizing my “weekend” now that I’m finally starting to feel like a mostly formed human again *knocks on wood*. Anyways, today’s list of mid-week links I love all share one popular theme. Any guesses?
WHO ELSE IS PUMPED FOR SUNDAY AT 8PM ON NBC? I CANNOT SUPPRESS MY ELATION.