If you follow me on any sort of social media, or like, ya know, read this blog, you know I’ve been struggling with getting into the holiday spirit. That’s a hot and cold relationship I’d prefer not to have. So to prove to you, my loyal and concerned readership (and not myself at all), that I AM TRYING, here’s the playlist I’ve disciplined myself to play from here on out – through the remainder of the holiday season. Halls WILL be decked and bells WILL be jingled, dammit!
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, *NSync
- The Christmas Song, Nat King Cole
- Because It’s Christmas album in entirety, Barry Manilow (shut up)
- Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth, Bing Crosby & David Bowie
- Merry Christmas Darling, The Carpenters
- Last Christmas, Wham! (shut up again)
- Happy XMas (War is Over), John Lennon
- Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town, Bruce Springsteen
- My Only Wish, Britney Spears
- All I Want for Christmas is You, Mariah Carey
Well, that was embarrassing. Two weeks left for this Grinch/Scrooge Combo to get on Buddy the Elf’s level. Can it be done??