Aside from colorful leaves, Octoberfests, and breaking out boots, the beginnings of a new television season is one of the main reasons I love fall. The weeks to come are littered with the premieres of many my favorite shows, so I figured it would be an excellent time to tell you what I’ll be watching this autumn. [All times are written in EST]
- New Girl (Fox), Tuesdays at 9pm. Jess and Nick ARE this generation’s Sam and Diane. I can’t wait to see what Liz Meriwether has for us up her sleeves this year! Season three premieres September 17th.
- The Mindy Project (Fox), Tuesdays at 9:30pm. Mindy only left us with the most suspenseful season finale EVER. I have a feeling we won’t be seeing some real moves on the Danny + Mindy sitch for some time to come, but as every episode leaves me in stitches, I don’t think I’ll terribly mind the wait. Season two premieres on September 17th.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS), Mondays at 8pm. The fact that this entire season is supposed to take place over a timespan of 56 hours makes me cringe, but I’m loyal enough to want to see this through. I just hope every episode doesn’t FEEL like 56 hours. Final season premieres on September 23rd.
- Modern Family (ABC), Wednesdays at 9pm. Who’s to say what this crazy bunch will be up to this season. A Cam and Mitch wedding could be interesting though. Season five premieres on September 25th.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC), Thursdays at 8pm. I can’t think about the departure of Rob and Rashida too much or I get REALLY upset. Apparently Leslie feels the same way. Something tells me this season may be the last for this show, so here’s to hoping if so, they go out with a bang! Season six premieres September 26th.
- Parenthood (NBC), Thursdays at 10pm. The cancer may be gone, but Monica Potter is not and she has an uncanny way of making me cry in every. single. episode. I’m stocked up on tissues and STILL SO EXCITED that this show was renewed. Season four premieres September 26th.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC), Saturdays at 11:30pm. Season thirty-nine premieres September 28th WITH TINA FEY HOLLAAA.
New shows I’m excited about:
- Dads (Fox), Tuesdays at 8pm. Seth MacFarlane’s new show has apparently already made some waves with borderline offensive material. That’s enough to intrigue me! Premieres September 17th.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox), Tuesdays at 8:30pm. With comedic genius Michael Shur (Parks and Rec) behind this project and Andy Samberg headlining, how could this go wrong? Premieres September 17th.
- Mom, (CBS), Mondays at 9:30pm. Anna Farris + Allison Janney as a mother daughter combo with Chuck Lorre at the wheel. I could get on board. Premieres September 23rd.
- The Michael J. Fox Show (NBC), Thursdays at 9:30pm. It’s Alex P. Keaton. He could sit in a paper bag for 30 minutes and I’d watch it. I may be a 90’s kid, but I grew up on Family Ties reruns. So yeah, I’ll be there will bells on. Premieres September 26th.
- The Millers (CBS), Thursdays at 8:30pm. Will Arnett can do no wrong. Despite the fact this is his third show [on a third network] in the past four years, he’s my dude. I’m honestly hoping for some success here because the end of Up All Night broke. my. heart. Premieres October 3rd.
If you haven’t noticed, I’m kind of addicted to comedies and very rarely venture outside of that safe haven. [I really need to watch more dramas. And/or probably just less TV in general…I digress.] If you’re more of the drama or reality kind of guy/gal, here’s everything else that will be on your television sets in the next few months. Happy watching!