It’s that time of the year again, folks. ‘Tis the season of pumpkin spice lattes, tights, scarves and turned on apartment heat (per New York State regulation). For all of those reasons and many more, fall is my favorite season of the year. It always seems to bring about change and a feeling of renewal at the end of a long, hot summer. Although this summer already brought about many amazing changes for me, it ended on a bittersweet note that left me geared up for new clothes, new friends and new experiences. Even though we’re only a few days in, the season has been kind to me so far.
Things I’m falling for lately:
- The cool, autumn air. Breaking out my leather jacket and skinny jeans for a weekend on the town reminds me of layering for football games, hayrides and bonfires back in high school. I may not be the bright-eyed Midwestern teenager that I once was, but the memories of homecomings and late movie nights with friends still bring a smile to my face.
- My roommate and I writing hilarious SNL sketches every time we go out together. And then forgetting them before we have time to write them down. I swear, Lorne Michaels if you’re reading this (and why wouldn’t you be), you should lock Allison and I in a room with a few bottles of wine and see what we can come up with. If it’s anything short of comedic gold, you don’t even have to pay us. But seriously, Lorne, have your people call my people.
- The freaking Fall TV Line-up! The Mindy Project, Saturday Night Live, How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, Parks and Recreation, Up All Night, Glee, Modern Family, Don’t Trust the B– in Apartment 23… oh I only watch comedies? You noticed that too? Weird.
- The Killers new album ‘Battle Born’. I’m not a huge music person [Read: I listen almost exclusively to ’80s soft rock and am basically an embarrassment to “music people” everywhere]. But alas, I do enjoy some 2000-era rock bands–namely The Killers. I bought this album the day it came out, and haven’t stopped listening to “Runaways,” “The Way it Was,” or “Miss Atomic Bomb” ever since. It didn’t get the best reviews, but I think it deserves a fair chance if you’re into the rock thing.
- Pumpkin everything. I know haters gon’ be haters, but I am human and have a soul, thus cute kittens and pumpkins are my weaknesses. Sorryboutcha
- Downtown, specifically the LES/East Village. I’m falling dangerously, dangerously fast for that area of town. A new move is on the horizon and working and socializing there everyday is putting ideas into my head…
Anyways, sorry this is a random “this is what I’m thinking about at the moment” non-witty-nor-funny type of post, but I just love this season and am happy with where things are falling lately. And that’s what blogs are made for anyways, right? Who else wants to join the feelings circle?!!? JUST KITTENS.